Search our Jobs
Apparel Product Designer
- Harpenden, Hertfordshire, England
A talented Apparel Product Designer is required to join a rapidly growing company based near Harpenden. Reporting into the directors and working alongside the creative team, you will create innovative garments from range plan to finished garment. An eye for detail and pride in producing the best product is essential. You will be directly involved in the creative design process involving research trips, mood boards, new concepts and branding techniques. You need to understand our consumer base and needs
A full time equivalent salary of up to £25,000 plus benefits is available depending on experience.
This position will be for around 25 hours per week, there is flexibility on how these can be taken.
What you will be doing;
Designing specific ranges
- Managing design process from conception through to final styling
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
- Selection of fabrics
- Production sketches
- Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
- Presenting story, mood, colour boards, and samples to buyers.
What you need to have;
- Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- 5+ years design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and colour.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
Package and Benefits:
Base Salary – full time equivalent of up to £25,000 + benefits
Hours – up to 25 hours per week
Please send your CV to Sam Gillett of CV Screen in strict confidence.
CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.