Search our Jobs
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is required within a precision engineering environment to own the divisions Engineering Change Management process. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will ensure the smooth day to day running of the process along with implementing improvements as agreed by the management team.
The role will work out of a brand new, purpose-built facility near Cambridge.
This position will ensure Engineering Change Requests are completed in a timely fashion while also driving continuous improvement within the end to end Engineering Change Management process.
A salary of up to £45,000 plus benefits is available depending on experience.
- · Leading the Engineering Change Management process
- · Ensuring change requests and orders are completed in a timely fashion while meeting KPI’s
- · Progress tracking of change requests/orders
- · Liaison with teams across multiple sites, ensuring clear communication channels
- · Use CAD (SolidWorks) system to generate 3Dmodels of parts along with 2D drawings
- · Documentation management
- · Generation of new ideas/concepts to meet specific project requirements
- · Product specification and technical design documentation
What you need to have:
- · Relevant degree or equivalent
- · Experience of working in a precision manufacturing environment
- · Owning and driving continuous process improvement processes
- · Engineering change management experience
- · ISO 9001 procedures
- · CAD, Solidworks or similar
- · Lean design/manufacturing
Package and Benefits:
Base Salary – up to £45,000 + benefits
Commutable from – Huntingdon, Royston, St Neots, Bedford, Ely, Newmarket, Letchworth Garden City
Please send your CV to Sam Gillett of CV Screen in strict confidence.
CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.