Senior Mechanical Engineer - Manufacturing - Derby - £50k
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Plastics Manufacturing - Derby - £50k
The Mechanical Engineer will be a technical expert assisting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by utilising mechanical engineering knowledge to support plant operations.
You will be the type of applicant who prides themselves on their ability to lead and drive projects, introduce new products and improve process. If you have a proven track record of increased capacity, improved operating efficiencies and cost savings in the Plastics Manufacturing sector then please apply.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will have solid knowledge working with design document (Solidworks / AutoCAD), managing project estimates and schedules as well as HSE reviews and capital cost and expenditure. Your application will show that you can provide mechanical engineering expertise to projects from concept stage through to commissioning.
- Strong experience providing innovative engineering solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Competent in the use of 3-D CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills / disciplined and well organised
- Experience in plastics processing highly advantageous.
- Some experience designing machinery or packaging systems.
Who would suit this role?
This role would suit a Senior Mechanical Engineer or Plant Engineer in with solid knowledge in the plastics manufacturing industry and good knowledge of Solidworks.
Basic from £40,000 to £50,000 basic + 25 days + 3% Pension + Life Insurance
39 hours per week (Mon – Thurs 08:30 – 17:00 & Friday 08:30 to 16:00)
Commute from: Loughborough / Burton / Nottinghamshire / Leicester / Chesterfield / Nottinghamshire
Please send your CV through to Peter Strutt of CV Screen in strict confidence.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer vacancy in Derby / Derbyshire
- Plastics Manufacturing industry knowledge is useful
- Mechanical Engineering / Solidworks CAD skills
- Project Management and Product Management